A Melbourne teenager who visited the epicentre of Sydney’s coronavirus outbreak has tested positive for COVID-19.
The 15-year-old girl returned home on Thursday and tested positive three days later.
She visited several exposure sites in Sydney’s northern beaches area before being driven back to Victoria by a parent.
The parent has so far tested negative and the family is isolating at their home in the Moonee Valley area.
Health Minister Martin Foley on Tuesday said there were no known exposure sites this side of the border and close contacts of the family were being contacted.
As of Monday night, 17 people including a family of five were in hotel quarantine in Victoria after crossing the border without appropriate exemptions.
Victoria has shut its border to people travelling from greater Sydney and the NSW Central Coast.
“My message to anyone trying to enter Victoria from New South Wales is – don’t,” Mr Foley said.
“You won’t get in, and if you do, you’ll be spending your time at Christmas and New Year in hotel quarantine.”
Local government area bubbles have been established on either side of the Victorian-NSW boundary to allow those in border communities to cross upon presentation of their driver’s licence.
Meanwhile, Victoria on Tuesday reported its 53rd day without a locally acquired coronavirus case.
There are now 11 active cases in Victoria, including two returned overseas travellers and the NSW case.
Some 15,521 coronavirus tests were conducted in the past 24 hour-period.
The NSW government on Monday announced 15 new locally transmitted cases. All were linked to the outbreak on the city’s northern beaches, taking the total to 83 cases.