NSW has recorded four new COVID-19 cases, with three being returned travellers in hotel quarantine and one that was locally acquired.
There were 7765 tests undertaken in the 24-hour reporting period until 8pm on Sunday night, NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said on Monday.
“Unfortunately we are seeing a dip in the number of tests,” she said.
Chief Medical Officer Kerry Chant said NSW was at a critical phase in the response to the pandemic.
“We are trying to identify any undetected chains of transmission in the community to drive it down towards no community transmission,” she said.
“That will put us in the best position ahead of the school holidays where we know people will be out and about travelling across the state.”
The good news about the locally acquired case was the person had already been isolating because they were recognised as a close contact of a case linked to the Concord Hospital cluster.
“Today’s (locally acquired) case doesn’t give me concern,” Dr Chant said.
NSW Health is urgently attempting to contact anyone who took trips with the taxi driver who tested positive on Saturday.
Anyone who entered his vehicle between September 8 and 18 should monitor for symptoms.
“We have managed to use a variety of different mechanisms to identify a large number of people that shared a ride with that taxi,” Dr Chant said.