Victoria has recorded one new coronavirus case and residents of a Melbourne apartment complex have been plunged into lockdown.
The new case is a member of a family of four, who live in the local government area of Hume and recently returned from NSW on red zone permits.
Two of the family members were already announced as positive coronavirus cases on Monday.
Authorities said three members of the family flew into Melbourne from Sydney on July 4, while a fourth drove back on Thursday.
They all tested negative shortly after arrival but two became symptomatic and were swabbed again on Sunday, returning positive results on Monday morning.
Neither the flight nor Melbourne Airport has been listed as exposure sites, as the family tested negative for the virus two days after their arrival and other passengers are already self-isolating as part of their red zone permit conditions.
Meanwhile, an apartment complex in Melbourne’s northwest is in lockdown after a group of infectious NSW removalists visited the site.
Ariele Apartments on Thomas Holmes Street in Maribyrnong was listed as a tier-one exposure site overnight, with anyone who was at the building from 1pm to 11.59pm on Thursday required to immediately get tested and isolate for 14 days.
Contact tracers say this includes anyone who accessed the residential foyer, stairwells, lift, residential floors and car park during that time period.
Anyone who entered the complex between Friday to Monday must also get tested and isolate until they test negative for COVID-19.
The warnings exclude people who visited the commercial building on the ground floor of the complex.
One resident told ABC radio the removalists were using the complex’s only lift for much of Thursday.
“They filled the lift so much with furniture, we couldn’t get in the lift so another guy and I moved the furniture out so we could get in. I actually touched the furniture they’ve been touching, which is a worry,” she said.
Coles Craigieburn Central was also listed as a tier-one exposure site overnight, with anyone who attended the venue on Saturday from 5.28pm to 6.38pm required to get tested and isolate for 14 days.
Several other tier-two and tier-three exposure sites were also listed.
Three removalists, two of whom have tested positive, travelled from Sydney through Victoria to Adelaide last week.
The workers made a drop-off at a family home in Craigieburn and a pick-up at the Maribyrnong apartment on Thursday. Both families of four are isolating and have been tested.
The crew is believed to have immediately left Melbourne and arrived in Adelaide early Friday morning.
But Victoria’s COVID Commander Jeroen Weimar on Monday said authorities still did not have a complete picture of their movements.
Mr Weimar said he was not surprised “flying embers” from the Sydney outbreak had broken containment lines after NSW reported 112 new local cases on Monday.
There are 20 active cases of COVID-19 in Victoria, while some 23,470 tests were processed in the 24 hours to Tuesday morning and 14,384 vaccine doses were administered at state-run hubs.