Zero community cases of COVID-19 in NSW

NSW has recorded no new locally acquired cases of COVID-19, likely paving the way for state residents to travel to South Australia from midnight.

After being closed to NSW for almost six months, people travelling to SA will no longer have to go into 14 days of self-isolation, once the SA government confirms the change.

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said on Wednesday there had been no new COVID-19 cases recorded within the NSW community in the 24-hours to 8pm on Tuesday.

There were six cases of COVID-19 recorded in returned travellers who were all confined to hotel quarantine.

Chief Health Officer Kerry Chant said there had been 16,759 people tested for the virus in the past 24-hours but authorities were hoping to boost those numbers to around 20,000 by the time NSW schools break up on Friday.

The last unknown source of infection was on September 7.

“So whilst we have had cases reported recently we have been able to identify the source of those.

“So very pleasing numbers but it is now time for complacency. We do continue to as the community to work with us to get those testing rates up high,” she said.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.